We are currently seeking a Full Time Cheesemonger for our Jersey City and upcoming Montclair, NJ locations.
- Providing knowledgeable cut-to-order customer service on cheese, charcuterie, and grocery goods.
- Monitoring and maintaining cheese, charcuterie, and grab-and-go case.
- Receiving and processing orders from our network of distributors.
- Creating beautiful and delicious cheese and charcuterie platters.
- Preparing and completing online orders for customers.
- Preparing grilled cheese sandwich orders
- Organizing and maintaining back of house stock, ensuring FIFO.
- Managing online store inventory.
- Monitoring and making housemade spreads.
- Monitoring and stocking shelves, packing out bulk items.
- Maintaining highest levels of food safety and sanitation practices.
- Communicating with management and team members regarding customer needs and product availability.
- Experience in the food industry, preferably with a focus on artisanal cheese and charcuterie.
- Dedicated to providing knowledgeable and friendly customer service.
- Passion for food, especially cheese, and expressing the story of the maker.
- Ability to work with others in a high-paced environment.
- Self-starter, hard-worker - willing to jump in and help with all tasks.
- Ability to work eight (8) hours standing.
- Ability to lift 40lb
- Diligent food safety and sanitation standards.
- Excellent communication skills.
$15-17/hr, commensurate with experience
40 hours/week, must be available to work weekends and holidays
Van Hook Cheese & Grocery adheres to all Federal, State, & Local Covid-19 guidelines.
- All staff are required to wear masks at all times
- Store capacity is limited to masked guests.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a short note about why you'd like to work at Van Hook!